Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year, everyone!!  I so enjoyed the time away from my blog to spend time with my family!!  My daughter only gets home a couple times a year, these days, so spending time with her is a real priority!!  I will say, though, I think I caught her cold, and have been stuffy, sneezing, congested, with sore throat and super tired for the last few days..on the mend, though:)!!   I got some wonderful goodies at Christmas from Simon Says Stamp...their Valentine's 2014 Release...oh my goodness...well, let's just say, I am having some INCREDIBLE FUN...hope, with my cards, you will too!!!  Here's my first, made with a stencil, die and stamp from the new collection...
I used the Falling Hearts stencil with embossing paste mixed with some pink paint (didn't want white hearts on this one, so used a tiny bit of my daughter's acrylic paint) .  I die cut the Small Heart Doily(using my metal plate adapter for ease in cutting the fine doily's edges) and stamped a sentiment from Labeled with Love! I WAS going to use TWO different sized doilies, but thought this one alone looked much better... Super simple, but I think super sweet:)...for ME...less is more!!

 Here's a closeup of the raised embossing pasted hearts...
Hope the rest of  your week is wonderful!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great new year !
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, Lisa. I love the whole embossing paste trend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! What a wonderful lace-edged heart. Perfect red too. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Lisa! Nothing goes better with a box of Kleenex, Tylenol, and cough drops than new treasures for the craft room (smiling). Seriously, I do hope you begin to feel better and your cold doesn't get worse. Your card is perfect to warm any heart with those sweet pink hearts. I have some crackle paste from Dreamweaver that I haven't used yet. Love the look. A very cute card to welcome the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background is gorgeous and really highlights the beautiful heart. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, this is a cute card. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Hope 2014 is warm, healthy and prosperous for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too sweet and cute! I love all the adorable little pink hearts, so perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa