Saturday, January 25, 2014

Butterfly Heart

I purchased a new die(for me) from Memory Box and got it in the mail yesterday.  It's Butterfly Heart...aptly named as it is a heart made of butterflies:)!!...
I used three different colors of pink paper .  BUT...there was something about this die that I didn't know when I purchased it.  The butterflies were designed to be cut only part way through the paper...so they fly!  Here's what I mean...
The only problem is...unless you want the die cut to be all one color, you have to adhere colored butterflies to..say... a white base...as I did!  I die cut in the three colors and cut out some from each color.  I randomly placed them on the die cut panel to make sure I liked where all the different pinks were placed, them adhered them with glossy accents.  THEN I bent all the wings...and the flying began!!!

I found a sentiment from My Favorite Things that I thought went perfectly with my Butterfly Heart and then popped up on white card.  FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

20 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is absolutely stunning! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! Lots of work but well worth it. Enter it in PTI's blog hop today as it's all about pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw someone else use this die the other day - all in one color of course. I love that you changed colors, and the sentiment couldn't be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous, and I love how those butterflies look like they are flying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat is THAT? Wow! LOVE the flying butterflies, and there's a heart shape to beat. GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. Thanks for the heads up on the partial die cutting. You did a fantastic job on this card. Definitely pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, so beautiful!!
    Karin x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is gorgeous...so pretty and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lot of work but really worth it. A beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the perfect card! Love, love, love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is beautiful, as are all of your cards, but a lot of extra work! Well worth it, however! So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this Lisa. Wow. Love how your mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous! I just love it! Whoever gets this card is a very lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful Valentine! I love butterflies anyway and this is such a fun way to use them. I hadn't ever seen that die.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow-that sure makes a striking card. It sounds a bit fiddly with the adhering colored butterflies on top of the white, but that's what made this card. Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must buy this die!!! I will hunt for it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, that die is a must-have! Love the sentiment too, it really fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply lovely, Irene Woodward, Buenos Aires, Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply lovely, Irene Woodward, Buenos Aires, Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Although this is a old post. I hope you still get our comments. ��. The large die you used on the white card stock only cut out like an outline. Then you put coloured ones on top. Did you have the dies then already to cut out the coloured butterflies?
    Or is the large buterfly able to cut out singular butterflies? Hope I make sense lol. Anyhow. This is absolutely gorgeous. Thankyou for taking the time to share all your cards with us. X

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa