Monday, September 30, 2024

Stencil Fun!

I have made a couple cards with two new stencil sets and two new sentiment dies from Simon Says Stamp's STAMPtember® release!...
I used the pretty and cool kklmSnowflake Stripes stencil set for my first card.  I used four different colors of blue for my stripes.  I also used Pixie spray on my stencils to get them to stick to my cardstock.  This is helpful, so that the stencil stays in place while you're brushing on the ink!  I love the way this card turned out, but I have to be honest with you...so that you can learn from my mistakes, and so that I can hopefully keep you from having to make the same ones I made, here are my first two attempts... 
Zoom in on the pictures, as you can see the mistakes better, closer up. Stencil sets were made with precision in mind...but this one, especially.  I was not so particular the first time, especially, and then even the second time, I was a bit off.  Bottom line, make sure that the strands of the snowflake are lined up precisely, before inking!  The third time was the charm and after inking, I cut it down, to fit on an A2 card.  I used a new Simon sentiment die, cut in white, and layered on a black border.  I used Nuvo drops for an accent, and done!  Here's a cloe up...
The second one, another of the pretty new stencils from the STAMPtember® release...
I looked up pictures of this leaf, and found alot of variegated leaves.  So...I chose to use two green inks and a white ink.  I then cut the leaf out, and popped up on a gray panel with embossed fronds on it.  I dotted the gray paper with some Nuvo green crystals, and added a silver die cut and layered sentiment.  This time, I used a vellum cut border for behind the sentiment.  Here's a close up...
I think stencils are soooooo much fun!!  Hope you are having a great start to your week!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa