Friday, August 30, 2024

Monstera Leaves

I have made a couple cards with the beautiful Simon Says Stamp Monstera stencil set, from their Cheering for You release...
I have two amazing, plant loving daughters, and when I saw this stencil set, I knew I had to try my hand at this beautiful leaf!  I used a bunch of different greens to make this leaf(listed below), then added a die cut and layered, stamped and embossed sentiment.  I also added a few glossy accent dots.  Here's a close up...
After showing it to my daughter, she challenged me to make a Monstera Albo...where half the leaf is white.  The one that I made on this card,  looked lighter and a bit different, as I used embossing paste to make the white side white...
The embossing paste DID make the greens look lighter(plus all that I accidentally wiped off while handling it while it was drying!), so I accordingly, used a lighter to darker shade of already blended cardstock, for the background.  I cut out the leaf, which I had originally put the paste onto gray cardstock, but got ink on, so I cut the leaf out and off the gray paper.  I am hoping that Simon comes out with a die for this beauty...I absolutely love this leaf!  Here's a close up of the second card,...
These may be two cards, but I'm pretty sure these will not be the last two that I make with these stencils...such great fun!!
Thank you for stopping by, today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa