Monday, December 4, 2023

Fretwork Snowflake

I have used the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp Fretwork Snowflake die, along with a new sentiment,  from their DieCember® release, to make a CAS card for winter...with cozy wishes...
I die cut the snowflake four times, and adhered the outsides together. The middle section, I also adhered a die cut middle made from foam rubber to give it some extra height.  I then used one of the panels that I had die cut the snowflake from, and stamped the sentiment and silver embossed.  I put extra thick glue squares uder the panel, adhering the snowflake on/in the panel, with the dots, as well.  This raised the panel and kept the snowflake raised, as well.  Four layers thick, it also had some pretty height above the panel.  Adhering the middle to the blue card panel made it sit just inside and under the height of the outer snowflake...thought it looked "cool" that way!  I also thought of putting enamel dots, rhinestones...and the like on parts of the snowflake, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it just plain...I didn't want anything to take away from the pretty of the snowflake!  Here's a closeup...
We had a couple warm days here in VA, 69 and 72...but back in the 50's today....cozy wishes to you wherever you may be!!  Don't forget to check out the blog hop this coming Friday, the 8th, at the Simon Blog(I'll be a part of it...fun!!).  Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!!
Hugs to you!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa