Thursday, May 19, 2022

Yay You Cards!

I used the cool new Simon Says Stamp Arches Background Cling stamp and CZ Design's Yay You die, both from Simon's new Yay You release, to make a couple cards of encouragement!...
Last night, I was in an ink blending mood.  I wanted to make a card to encourage and commend  an amazing young man, and knew I wanted to blend blue ink, but wasn't sure if the aqua or sky hues. So I made both!  I started out with the aqua shades!...
  For both cards, I rubbed my static bag over my cardstock, stamped the background stamp with versamark, and white embossed.  I used my three shades,  blending a section of the cardstock with each of the the three shades over the embossing til happy.  I did rub a paper towel over the panel after finished, to remove any excess ink on the embossed white...DEFINITELY makes a difference!   I cut it down, popped it up on the card, and added a die cut and layered Yay You!  I also added a small CZ Design sentiment strip under the die cut, and done.  I had made jewel enamel drops to add on, but being this is for a guy, I just wasn't feeling the bling.  Here's a close up...
But, as I stared at the finished card, I just wasn't sure if I should have made the card with the bluer shades, so the second card happened...
I made it the same way as the first, except with different blues, and a different sentiment strip.  Here's a close up...
I'm liking the sky blue shades, over the aqua shades...such great fun!!  Hope you are having some fun today!!
Thanks for stopping by today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa