Friday, May 13, 2022

Dancing Butterfly Birthday

I have used the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp Dancing Butterflies Hot foil plate and die set, from their new Yay You release, to make a birthday card...
The only problem with making a card to show you with not only hot foil, but silver embossing, is that they are hard to photograph, which is why I took a pic at another angle...
This card was simply made hot foiling, die cutting, coloring with markers, and layering the butterfly.  I purchased a hot foil machine, and have been having SO much fun using it!!  I did not purchase the whole sysem, after I heat the plates, I run them with the foil and paper through my Big Shot...it works just fine!  I used three different sentiment stamps in my MISTI to stamp the sentiment for the card (using my static bag before stamping), and then silver embossing.  I thought the sentiment went so well with all the shiny of the butterfly and sentiment!  I know this card is super simple in design, but this card has made me really happy!!  Here's a close up...
This card is happiness to me...simple, lovely, wonderful happiness!  Hope you have a great weekend!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. The card is so elegant...nice job of photographing it! Curious what you mean by "did not purchase the whole hot foil system" I thought the Glimmer system comes in only one configuration?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn! I purchased the hot foil system, but not the coordinating Platinum 6 machine, which is what you use to send the hot foil platform through. Although not really advertised too much, you CAN use a Big Shot to send the platform through, which is what I have, so I opted to only purchase the hot foil machine. Hope that clears any confusion that my quick comment made for you and possibly others...thanks for asking...take care! Lisa

      Delete
    2. AnonymousMay 16, 2022

      Thanks, I already bought my Glimmer machine knowing I could use it with my Big Shot! When you said “system” I wondered if there was a other version. I did t know about! Now I understand…LOL.

      Delete
  2. Super pretty and I love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 15, 2022

    A beautiful card... I like the simplicity but it still feels elegant and loving. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa