Monday, May 2, 2022

Sketched Leaf Branches on Vellum

  I used the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp Sketched Leaf Branch Hot Foil Plate and die set, from the Happy and Joyful release, to make a couple cards...
I'm not sure if anyone has hot foiled on vellum, but I thought I would give the idea a try!  I had to experiment a bit, trial and error, and here are a couple tips from my experiments.  I used a heavy vellum...I used the Simon vellum...super weight!  Use a lightweight piece of paper behind the foil, and vellum...gives it a little much needed heft and stability to the vellum.  My first attempts without paper turned out, but did not look as nice.  I then die cut the branch, and used two of my Prima Markers, to color the leaves.  I added some vellum adhesive on the back of the stem, and adhered to a panel with a CZ Design "thinking of you" sentiment, stamped with versamark and silver embossed.  Simplicity at it's finest!!  Here's a close up...

This second card was an afterthought...I didn't really think about using the smaller die cut leaves,  but thought...hey, why not?? So, you know me...a rainbow birthday card it is...
I combined the colored leaves with one of the new stamps from the XL Stacked Greetings stamp set!  I colored the leaves from behind, adhered with vellum adhesive and stamped the sentiment with Versamark and silver embossed.  Here's a closeup...
Don't know about the weather where you are, but it is beautiful here in Virginia today...birthday or not...happy and joyful!!  Hope your weekend was lovely!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa