Monday, April 23, 2018

Heart Mandalas

The new Heart Mandala die from Simon Says Stamp's newest release, Fluttering By, is one of the most beautiful dies I've ever seen!!  I have made a couple cards to show you using this striking new die...
The first one I used Distress Oxide inks on watercolor paper, and then die cut from the sponged on tri-colored paper...
I layered it once to give it a bit of depth and adhered it to cardstock that I stamped a sweet sentiment on, also from Simon, that spoke to the hearts in the die!  I also added a strip of striped paper at the bottem.  Here's a close up...
The second one, a Mother's Day card, was simply done in white on coral, with a die cut and stamped sentiments.  This one was also layered a second time...
Here's a close up...
I thought of doing an all white die cut and card for a wedding, my daughter suggested it looked like a snowflake, great for Christmas...it has SO MANY wonderful possibilities.  The die is intricate, and requires a metal adaptor plate to get a great cut(I have listed a few below for you to check out if you're interested), and the die cut requires a bit of poking out of all the tiny pieces, but the beauty of how this die looks, is well worth every minute of time it takes to punch the pieces out.  I LOVE IT!!  I hope to have more to show you:)!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. They are both so beautiful, thanks for the inspiration! How accurate is the layering on the first one, wow!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa