Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Fluttering By for Mother's Day!

There is a brand new release over at Simon Says Stamp, Fluttering By...and it is AMAZING!!  I have made three cards with one of the stamp sets to show you today... 
All three cards use the new Love You Mama stamp/die set!  The first one, I used one of the mom stamps along with the daisies from the set, stamping, die cutting, coloring, layering, then adhering to a stamped polka dotted background.  Here's a close up...
The second one was totally inspired by Jennifer McGuire.  Those of you who know me, know that I don't get out in blog land much, but I love Jennifer McGuire's work and was especially fascinated and in love with a set of cards she recently made for a blog hop...you can see the cards and video HERE!!  I am a die cutter, I work with dies and paper, but sometimes we all have to step out of what's comfortable and our strong suits and try new things...especially when we LOVE what we see out there!!   This was my attempt at Distress Oxide Water Painting...and let me tell you...SO...MUCH...FUN!!!!!  And unlike her cards, that required a lot of stamping, this card is one beautiful new Simon stamp....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stamp!!!  It's possibilities are huge!!...
I stamped, embossed in gold, die cut and layered the sentiment, added another sentiment from this sweet stamp set, and some Tonic drops.  Here's a close up...

The first was coloring, the second painting...the third one is paper piecing!! ...
  
I stamped the mom and flower/leaves on patterned paper, then cut with scissors.  I then adhered the pieces onto layered die cuts of those stamped images.  I adhered onto a card with a backround of the stamp used above, with the middle reinserted!!   Added another of the stamp's sentiments, and some purple Tonic drops...
OMG...what super super fun!!  This release has got so many cool stamps, dies, stencils....hope you will check it out over at SIMON!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Three beauties Lisa! But of course the yellow...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love the "Yellow" 😎😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, these are all gorgeous but the yellow is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all three cards, the first and third are the type of cards my children send me and the second is just the style my mom would receive off me. Thank you for all the ideas x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa