Monday, August 19, 2013

Triangular Rainbow

I don't have much time to visit a lot of blogs. Somehow, the other day while on the computer, I was looking"somewhere"...I don't remember where....and looked at a card that led me to "somewhere else"...I don't remember where(did you ever do that??)...and I wound up over at Moxie Fab World.  I rarely get there, but thought I would check out the challenges and found the Trendy Triangles Challenge, which ends today!  I had just been thinking about triangles, so thought it perfect to join the challenge:)!! This is what I made...
I die cut triangles with the Papertrey Ink's Heart to Heart #5 die and layered them.  I cut a gray and white panel at the same time in a circular shape(used a big cereal bowl to trace) so they would fit perfectly side-by-side and then placed the triangles in position.  I cut a part a sentiment from My Favorite Things and curved it to "follow the rainbow".  I stamped it, then clear embossed.  I then went back and adhered the triangles in place.  FUN...hey...triangles that I had been wanting to play with, mixed with a RAINBOW...really SUPER FUN!!  Thanks, Cath at Moxie Fab World, for a fun challenge:)!!  Thanks to you all,  for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Lisa, such a clever idea :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously done, Lisa!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! The colours of the rainbow catch your eye immediately and the sentiment is perfect for the style of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card Lisa! Love the semi-circular shape and the colors are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lisa! Thanks for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT card! Love the rainbow of triangles. PINNED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Triangles and rainbows... perfect! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and perfect sentiment, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo beautiful! Love it!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is terrific :) love the grey with the multi-color triangles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! So perfectly executed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the rainbowy triangle. Your cards are so bright and cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really exceptional card; I enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lisa,
    Can you believe it, it's 2020 now, yes that year, lol! But look, you've not had a comment for the last 7 years. I just came across your beautiful triangle rainbow card (you are one of my favorite card artists because I love clean lines strong colors too). And as you might know, SU released a whole new set of triangle stamps and dies. So, I'm casing you. Thanks for sharing your and other's creativity! Ursula

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa