Saturday, August 17, 2013

Less is More 133...Round and Round

The challenge this week at Less is More is to make a clean and simple card that uses an image that implies movement/motion...wheels or a card with moving parts as examples.  I chose a baby buggy...
 The buggy is a Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Parade #4 die, which I layered several times with white card stock underneath the polka dotted paper.  I die cut a  heart with a Simon Says Stamp Holiday Shapes (I cut apart these dies).  I die cut with a larger heart for the underneath layers to avoid imperfect positioning, the bottom layer total white with no cut outs.   I made one in blue and one in pink...
I used a sentiment from Hero Arts Baby set (I think it's retired), but if you don't have this set, you could do the same thing with the same "kind" of sentiment.  I cut apart a 4-lined sentiment from this set... 
This sentiment is on the bottom left...would probably never have used it as it was, but cut it apart,
and placed it in a semi circle  on an acrylic block around the die I used to cut the circle in my panel so when I stamped it, it would fit perfectly around the circle.  I had done this before on a set of thank you cards...a fun way to stamp a sentiment!  Stamped with versamark and white embossed...
I added some gel pen white dots at the end/in between the sentiments.  Then used the Papertrey Ink Linen/Canvas impression plate on the panel for texture.
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Wow. I adore this. love how you got your words to go in a circle. Simple but clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, what a great idea, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, what a great idea, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two delicious cards and the sentiment placing is inspired. Thanks for showing us how it' done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful richness the linen impression plate adds to your adorable cards! Thank you for sharing your sentiment technique with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great idea on the circle sentiment and cutting things apart! Might have to look into doing that with a few of my stamps too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great idea on the circle sentiment and cutting things apart! Might have to look into doing that with a few of my stamps too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the tip on circular sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards Lisa, love the design and just had to PIN it:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both delightful Lisa and what a great idea to use the actual die as a template to get the sentiment to fit exactly!
    Brilliant!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. the 2 cards are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa