Friday, August 2, 2013

Polka Dotted Flowers

I had purchased the Simon Says Stamp Cupcake Party stamp set with the thoughts of using it for the 4th of July, but I didn't make any cards for the holiday.  I took it out yesterday and used a couple of the set's stamps to make something other than a birthday card or one with fireworks...

I took a good look at the set of stamps then had an idea and thought of a different use for the big circle stamp...
I LOVED the circle with polka dots.  I don't know if you have ever noticed, but to die cut or punch polka dotted flowers is not so easy.  The papers "out there" either have LARGE polka dots, or smaller wider spaced polka dots on the papers.  When you die cut your flowers, especially small flowers, you don't get many polka dots on the flower.  There are the polka dot border stamps, but you have to carefully stamp several rows, sometimes, to fit your larger flower die onto it. And that's nothing to say about the choices of colors in papers...  This circle is not only LARGE, but has tiny close together polka dots...and I could stamp the flowers ANY COLOR I WANT...LOVE IT!!  I stamped the circle with Hero Arts Cornflower ink a couple times then used my EK Success flower punch and punched 10 flowers...layering each twice.  I thought the polka dotted line would look perfect beneath the stems, and then used a sentiment from another set and stamped underneath the dotted line.
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. These remind me of forget-me-nots :) Darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Lisa, love the polka dot flowers Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card. So clever to use the polka dot circle to make little tiny flowers! And I love that you've grounded them with another from the set. Wonderfully CAS card. Love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo clever and simple as always, you see so many possibilities with your stamps :0)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa