Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hearts Aren't Just for Valentine's Day...

I used an Impression Obsession die, Heart of Hearts, to make four different cards for different occasions...thinking...hearts are love, but they don't have to be just for Valentine's Day...
 Ok...can start out with an obvious LOVE card...
I layered a couple white die cuts with a black piece of cardstock beneath them.   I added 2 red hearts to the center hearts and put some glossy accents over them for some shine...
The sentiment is Paper Smooches, masked and stamped in red and black.


Then...I thought of Fall and with the perfect sentiment from Simon Says Stamp, I  layered the white paper like the first, but sponged four Hero Arts inks on a glossy piece of paper, then layered beneath the white panel...


 The third one I thought of a wedding, and used metallic red and silver to fill in the hearts on the die cut with the two center ones being the sole silver ones.  I know the pic is not the best...hard to photograph metallic paper, but the Congratulations by Simon Says Stamp is stamped with versamark and silver embossed, the whole card shows so much better IRL...


The fourth one has, OF COURSE, rainbow colors...the sentiment from My Favorite Things just lent itself to these colors so perfectly...sentiments are sooooo key for me when it comes to card making...
For this card, I used seven different colors and replaced the colors into the white cut out hearts.  Just thought this DID look cheerful?!  There you have it...SUPER FUN!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea. I love each card, the colors and sentiments are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Lisa, I love all of these-you have hearts forever now! Great way to show us how to adapt the one design for different occasions-thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Groan, now I WANT anuvver die!! lol

    Absolutely fab cards, great ideas/designs thanks sooo much for sharing...HUGS DENISE (uk) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always rock your dies and today is no exception. I love how you've shown this die is for all seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each design is more beautiful than the previous one!! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are StuNniNg, AMaZinG, FanTaStiC!!!! I love them so much and must buy this die! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a lover of all things hearts, I am swooning, and you just sold me that die, too! Love all your variations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like all of them but especially the ones that are so colorful....and the sentiments used with them are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each is wonderful - but I am IN LOVE with the sponged fall colors a the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa ! They are ALL beautiful
    WOW, the layout, colors, sentiments of each one is perfect.
    Thank you sharing ... Hugs ! of course I need to buy the die

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous use of the heart die. I have this die and haven't used it yet, you've definitely inspired me to play with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, I need this die...fabulous, wonderful and amazing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all totally awesome! I love the second one with it's beautiful softness. I also love how bright and happy the last one is :)


    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple idea, stunning results! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa