Friday, August 9, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #40

I went through my stamps and dies for the sketch this week at CAS(E) this Sketch and wound up  using the same die as a couple of the design team members...it just fit the sketch so perfectly:)!!  Here's my card and the sketch...(I edited my pic to a daylight photo)

I used the Leaf Column  and background(the back of my layering to give a ground to the inlayed pieces) dies from Simon Says Stamp along with a Hero Arts sentiment for my card.  I die cut the Outline Leaf die in black twice , the background die once, and the pieces are in shades of blue from Tim Holtz distress paper.  I die cut the long rectangle by using a Spellbinder Long Classic Rectangle from the Large set.  No rectangle dies I own fit the length perfectly, so I took the die, positioned it, taped it with my Eclipse tape and ran it half way under my Big Shot, not allowing it to go completely through.  THEN, I took the die  still on the paper, slid  it up to the opposite end of where I wanted the rectange to end...keeping the sides of the die tight against the sides I just cut, taped it again, and ran it all the way through the Big Shot.  Now I had a rectangle the right width AND the right length!!  Hope that makes sense:)!  Stamped the sentiment, embossed and popped up the panel on card.    Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

EDITED:  YAY...my card was chosen as a favorite this week at CAS(E) this Sketch....
thank you so much, ladies, for the recognition...I am honored:)!!


10 comments:

  1. I can see we both love that Leaf Column die! I love the soothing colors you chose. Thanks for joining CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-232.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Lisa! You really enjoy taking 'The Road Less Travelled'! Another brilliant card and thank you for all the details.

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...this is gorgeous....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card :) I am so glad to have found your blog, you are such a wonderful inspiration. I am hooked on to your blog, admiring one card after another :) I am your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just received that die yesterday and can't wait to use it after seeing your card!!! Do you mind if I case your idea?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... Vicki, I'd be thrilled to have you case my card:)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great use of the sketch and I LOVE the colors!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa