Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Sending You Hugs

So sorry, I have been MIA for the first half of this month...I've had a bit of creative block going on.  It might be because my craft room is pretty chaotic...and could also be a bit of life...the two can be a terrible combo to creativity! But,  I have made a really simple card to share with you today, u sing a pretty stamp/die set from Simon Says Stamp's Yay You release...
You may know this, but just because a card looks clean and simple doesn't mean it is always simple to make.  I loved the little string of hearts and the sentiments from this stamp set, but just could not...with MANY tries, get this card to make me happy.  No matter what I did, whether a striped, plain, colored patterned background, nothing looked ok.  The sentiment and hearts are little, and that can make it hard to make it "fit" a card.  Then, I had a thought to pull out the Simon Thin Frame Rectangles, and surrounding the sentiment and heart, the frame just "made it" for me...done!  The card is very simple, but in this case, it made me happy!  I stamped and clear embossed the sentiments, layered the hearts, and covered them with Tonic drops.  I layered the frame, and popped up the panel on the card.  Here's a close up...
Simon has a wonderful new release coming out tomorrow, FULL of Summer fun!!  I hope you will check back, as well as the Simon store!  Thanks for visiting me today! Hugs! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa