Thursday, June 23, 2022

One Die, Two Different Flowers

I used the beautiful Spellbinders Sunflowers and Ladybugs die set, to make a card with a sunflower...and then used it to make a card with a daisy!...
I have combined both cards with the same Simon Says Stamp sentiment die, but with different backgrounds.
I started out by using it as it was intended, as a sunflower.  I die cut three of the petals, and then used a scoring tool, to make lines in some of the petals and bend some of them, giving the flower some added interest and dimension.  I did the same with the leaves.  The center is made up of little star type die cuts that I used an old Stampin Up piercing pad to push each in the center with a rounded piercing tool, and make them slightly rounded.  I then adhered them to the center, first using some glue dots, and with the ones on the outer places, just plain glue.  I chose a pretty new Simon embossing folder, with sunflowers, for the background.  I added the layered sentiment and popped up the panel on the card.  Here's a close up...

Then, I thought...hmmm...if I just make the petals white and the center smaller and yellow, I could make a daisy...so I tried it...
I made it just like the first, except for the background. At the end, I decided I liked it with no leaves...I liked all the wonderful white with just the pop of yellow, so no leaves.  The background was done with a light gray paper, and the My Favorite Things Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots background stamp. I stamped with versamark and white embossed.  I used my Misti and made sure that I swiped the paper with my static bag before stamping and embossing.  Here's a close up...
Okay, not going to lie, these cards were fun to make and they make me happy!  Hope you are having a great middle-of-the-week day!  
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's impressive thinking...actually like the daisy more than the sunflower, but both are great! Interesting how different the flowers are with just a change of color and smaller center.... thanks for being so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the sunflower! Love them both actually.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa