Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Embossed Sunflowers

I have used the pretty new embossing folder from the Simon Says Stamp Sunflower Field Embossing folder/die set, from Simon's Let's Chill release, to make a couple cards.  The war in Ukraine has been going on for four months, now, but the Ukrainian people are always on my heart.  My cards are made with them in mind...
This first one, I embossed the cardstock and used markers to color the flowers and background.  It's a little rustic, but I thought it looked cool.  I added part of the CZ Design Hello Sunshine die, cutting the "hello" off the die cut, and layered it three times.  I added a sentiment strip, cutting one of the words off the strip, lots of cutting to get the words I was feeling just right. Popped up the panel on a card.  Here's a close up... 
The second one, I used a Simon ink and my brayer, to add the blue to the background...a very different look...
It is interesting how a brayer shows so much more of the background, that I didn't color as the background with my first card...and again, rustic looking, but I like it!  I rolled blue ink on the "flat" side of the folder...the side with the indents, not the raised areas.  I then ran it through my Big Shot.  After a couple times through, there were still a couple bare spots.  I used one of the very cool new detail blending brushes to fill in the color...love having a tiny brush to blend color into the needed bare spots!  I then colored the petals and centers of the flowers with markers.  I added an older, layered Simon sentiment die, with a piece of vellum behind it, and popped up the panel on the card.  Here's a close up...
Hope you are having a week filled with sunshine!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa