Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year to YOU!

Happy New Year, everyone!!  I hope this year is your best year yet!!  
Speaking of new...the new release from Simon Says Stamp, You Have My Heart, is FILLED with wonderful new stamps and dies!!  I used the new Big U stamp/die set to make a couple cards to share with you today!...
 I used the stamps and dies to make a birthday card, with a balloon die from Simon that I decorated with some stick on hearts...making the hearts my "POP" of color!  Here's a close up...

The second one, I used the "YOU" die again, with another of the sentiments, and decorated the "O" with some of the tiny flowers from another of the new Simon sets of dies, Mini Flowers and Leaves(LOVE THESE!!  These flowers are so little and sweet...oh my I am going to have some REAL fun with these in 2016!!)
 I used some Simon Woodgrain paper and stained it with distress ink   I die cut and adhered the flowers to the "O" after layering the letters.  I also used a piece of burlap to emboss the cardstock to give the card some texture.  Here'a a close up...
Ok...SO MUCH FUN, what a great way to start the new year!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love the design on both cards. I think I need some of the woodgrain cardstock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards. The flowers in the "O" is fab. Making me want to buy that die set!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little flower wreath as the O.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cheerful creations.Love the both.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love both these cards. Great clean design on both. I think this die is a must have for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa ~ Your cards are awesome!! The pop of color on the balloons adds just the right touch in the first card and the 2nd card has so many wonderful elements! I never would have thought to use a piece of burlap to emboss the cardstock to add texture. This is definitely one idea I'll be CASEing!!! I fell in love with that Mini Flowers & Leaves die the moment I saw it on the SSS site and have already ordered it and can't wait until it's in my hot little hands. Thanks for sharing your wonderful tips with the rest of us crafters. I hope your New Year is filled with health, happiness and lots of crafty time!
    #sharehandmadekindness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love, Love.... Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely wonderful! Love these, they are just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa