Sunday, September 15, 2013

CAS•ology 61...Silhouette

The cue card this week at CAS•ology is Silhouette.  I opted to use my favorite tree die to create a silhouette...
This tree die is kind of perfect for a split silhouette (that's what I'm calling it)...only take a tip from my MANY attempts at getting it right...measure the 1/2 way distance across the card all the way down.  I put a piece of eclipse tape down the 1/2 card measure line, THEN lined up the tree die at the "V" at the top and the hole in the die at the bottom...removed the tape while holding the die, then used the tape to tape down the die.  I die cut BOTH colors at the same time, but the bottom color a second time.  I die cut them both together so they would be cut in the exact same place on the papers.  Hope that makes sense. THEN...I cut the whole panels with my cutting board together in half...aligning the "v" and 1/2 the trunk as my cutting points.   If you get it...it only takes a few minutes to put it together.  I layered with opposite colors underneath and pierced around the card with my paper piercer.  The sentiment is from a new Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember® release set, Sketchy Banner Greetings.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

15 comments:

  1. Great take on the silhouette! Love this idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...Lisa - this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is so fun and clever and just perfect for the challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all the cards you made with this die and this one is no exception! Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love this take on silhouettes. Great idea and beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I love this one ! great ! thanks for sharing
    greetings, martina
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great take on the challenge, love the end result of this. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative technique to the challenge. Thank you for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely gorgeous... love your "split" silhouette! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite dies as well, and this is a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is not your ordinary silhouette and I like your twist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is SUPERB!!!


    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did I see your card on Pinterest? I love the way you used the two colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your take on the silhouette! It's so creative and really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I am now inspired to take a look at my dies to see which ones can be used in this way. I love finding new techniques , thank you x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa