Thursday, April 25, 2024

Posies to Daisies

I have used one of the pretty and cool new Simon Says Stamp stencil sets from their new Celebrate release to make a couple daisy filled cards!...
I saw this Tiled Posy stencil set a bit differently than it's name.  I saw these flowers as daisies, my favorite flowers!  So...I opted to use some embossing paste on a light gray cardstock to show off the white flowers.  I stenciled the black lines first, then stenciled the flowers's centers.  I ended by stenciling the flowers with the paste.  I know that there was one other stencil in the set, that I opted not to use, and I had a reason for that.  After having used embossing paste for the first flowers, they were slightly raised on the cardstock.  I felt that attempting to stencil any other flowers in between those raised flowers would spell  disaster for the finished look.  They would probably have had a smeared look as the stencil would not have been able to sit flat on the paper.  So...the dotted in-betweens was it!  I finished it with a layered die cut sentiment.  Here's a close up...

The second one was the result of having cut down the first one too much, so I made a second to fit the sentiment I had chosen...
For ths one, I did it just like the first, but tried to fill in the space, a bit, by adding more black lines with the stencil.  This one was a bit more filled in than the first.  I also didn't cut much off, which is the main reason I made this second card...I was upset with myself for chopping so much off the first try(but was so happy to find a little sentiment that went PERFECTLY with that panel!), and was determined NOT to chop much off of this stenciled paper!!  I just LOVED the daisies, so this panel is about 5 1/2"x4 1/2" and the card is 6"x 4 3/4".  I added my die cut and layered happy birthday sentiment...I had picked out for the first one, but got to be on this one, instead!!  This meant a custom envelope, but no problem!!  I used my envelope maker and some double sided tape, and put a few more daisies in the front corner for fun!!  Here's a close up of the card...
I always think of the movie "You've Got Mail", when Tom Hanks brings the daisies to Meg Ryan(their characters), when she is sick. She says of daisies, that they're so friendly.  I DO think that daisies are friendliest flower, and they make me smile!  So...when I have an opportunity, I will make posies into daisies...all the time!!  Hope you have a wonderful day, wherever you are!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa