Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Swoopy Flowers

I have two cards that I made with the Simon Says Stamp Swoopy Flowers stamp/stencil/die sets, from the Kisses release...
For both cards, I stamped the flower stamp with Simon Fog ink  while in my Misti.  For both cards, I then used the stencil and brushed Simon ink, this one Cheeky ink, to the flowers and leaves.  Then I put the paper with the colored flowers back into my MISTI, brushed it with the static bag, stamped the stamp with versamark, and on this one, used gold embossing powder.  I brushed Cheeky ink lightly onto an A2 piece of cardstock.   I adhered a popped up die cut heart panel on the inked panel, which I had stamped in versamark and gold embossed, a Simon sentiment stamp.  I layered the flowers once, and adhered them to the die cut panel. Here's a close up(sorry about the pics...gold is soooo hard to photograph!)... 

The second one, much like the first, but the flowers are done with black outline, and black stamped sentiment...
I love this set of stamps, dies and stencil. There is no stencil for the little flower and leaves, though, but no worries...I made my own stencil!  I used a piece of acetate.  I stamped the small flower and leaves on the acetate with black ink, and then carefully hand cut them out.  I then made sure I wiped any remaining black ink from the acetate, and then brushed more Heather ink through my new stencil, onto the Fog inked flower and leaves from my MISTI, like the other flowers and leaves.  When I was done with brushing on the ink, I put the images back in my misti and stamped with black ink, then die cut.  I used an oval die for this card, then stamped another Simon sentiment onto the very lightly ink brushed panel.  Here's a close up...
I just had such trouble getting these cards on my blog yesterday.  Truth be told, the first one had a revamp of the sentiment from a layered die cut(tried in FIVE different colors) to eventually a stamped one, and photographed 50 times(still not happy with the pics)...you ever have one of these kind of cards??  It was a trying couple days, but...Belated Happy Valentine's Day...love is everyday, anyway?!  Hope you had a "love"ly day!!  
Thanks for stopping by, today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa