Monday, February 20, 2023

Bunch of Balloons

I have made a card with a really wonderful new Simon Says Stamp cling stamp, Bunch of Balloons, from their latest release, Be Creative...
This stamp did bring out the "creative" in me!  I wanted to color all these balloons with blending brushes, but knew I would have to "color outside the lines"...until...I got the idea to make a stencil!  I used a piece of Simon acetate, stamped the balloon images onto the acetate, and cut out one of the full balloon images on the acetate.  Rub away all the black ink, and voila...balloon stencil!...
To make the balloons on the card, I put the cardstock in my MISTI, stamped with Fog ink, and then brushed colored inks onto the stamped images through my stencil.  I then put the cardstock back into the MISTI and stamped the image again, this time with versamrk.  I then white embossed the images, and now had white outlines and strings!  I added an older Simon Says Stamp sentiment die, layered.  Here's a closee up...
This was not just fun...it was a blast!  Hope your week is starting out great, and hope you make some time to...be creative😊!
Thanks for checking in today!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card! Great idea to create your own stencil for the balloons. I will have to give this a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa