Monday, October 31, 2022

Painted Wreath

I used the new Simon Says Stamp Painted Christmas Wreath Cling stamp from 
their Cozy Hugs release, to make a Christmas card...
I knew this wreath stamp was too large to fit on a card, but that about 1/2 would fit.  I was inspired by Shari Carroll's beautiful card using this stamp, Here!  Given the name of the stamp, I got out some old markers, and "painted" them on the stamp.  I knew they would dry out before I was able to put color on all the flowers and leaves, so I decided to go totally old school, and product, and pulled out my Ink Potion 9, which is an ink blending solution, and sprayed it on the colored stamp.  This solution wets the ink, and the result is a kind of painted look... I thought it looked cool!!...
I then versamarked the sentiment stamp portion of the cling stamp, and black embossed it.  Love the shine...I know I say that alot, but I do love black embossed shine!!...
I sprinkled some dark green ink from the marker I used to paint the leaves, with some water.  I don't usually do that, but kind of fun, and liked the reults!  And here's yet another close up...
Tomorrow is NOVEMBER...I know I say this alot, but I am really shocked at how fast this year is going by!!  Hope you have had a great start to your week!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa