Thursday, October 6, 2022

Cozy Hugs Release!

NOTE: This post has been rewritten and posted, as the coding in the original post somehow caused problems to my blog.
There is a new release at Simon Says Stamp today...Cozy Hugs!!  I can't think of a better time, with cooler weather upon most of us, for cozy hugs!  I have made a couple cards with a beautiful new embossing folder/die set, Leafy Greens, and one of the new sentiment dies, most aptly named, Big Hugs... 
I had such fun making both these cards...simple coloring, but such a beautiful effect with the embossing!  I embossed the cardstock, and colored with a light blue marker for the background, three yellows for the leaves and a light brown for the stems.  I was watching tv and coloring...such a wonderfully relaxing time!  I cut the panel down on the top and bottom, popped up on the card, and added the die cut and layered Big Hugs sentiment, simply in white.  This card makes me happy!!  Here's a close up...

The second one, I used the die that comes with the embossing folder to make a very clean and simple card...
I love this folder, but think, if it's possible, I love the die even more!  The detail and dimension of the leaves that embossing gives them...I think it's striking!  I die cut, then colored before removing from the die cut paper, if possible, color, THEN taking out of the surrounding cardstock, and embossed. I really am in love!  I used a much loved CZ Design sentiment die and a small Simon set for the sentiments.  I doubled my tape and popped it up a little more than usual.  Here's a close up...
I hope you will check out this new release, I have a link below...it's amazing!  There will be two days of blog hops over at the Simon Blog on tomorrow and Saturday...hope you will join in and find some wonderful inspiration!  Big and Cozy Hugs to you!  
Thank you for coming by!  Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, again, beautiful cards! I especially love the yellow colors you used for the leaves. It's gorgeous. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa