Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Leaves and Hearts Around a Sentiment

I have made three cards to share with you today, that started with my love of the new Simon Says Stamp Picnic Floral Sentiments stamp set, from their new Cozy Hugs release! I fell in love with this set when it was a freebie last month on my blog for the STAMPtember® blog hop...never thinking it would be released with this new release,  I have so many thanks I now have it...which brings me to the first card... 
I used the pretty new Fiddly Leaf die to surround the first sentiment I used.  I have to admit, that this die didn't really impress me so much...until I die cut it!!!  I am used to details in the leaves, and this one didn't have any detail.  I die cut the first one, and truly fell in love...so pretty and delicate...I started die cutting in a whole bunch of Fall kind of colors...and when I positioned them in a partial wreath, well, that was IT...this die is so so pretty!  Stamped the sentiment with versamark and black embossed.  Here's a close up...

The first one I die cut colored cardstock...this second one, I painted die cut watercolor cardstock...
I used a leaf die set from the STAMPtember® release, I die cut, painted, and adhered the leaves, falling down the panel, and around the sentiment.  I added three jewel tonic drops down the panel and popped up on card.  Here's a close up...
The third one, I made a more Christmas themed card...this time made with glitter cardstock...
I LOVE cards with love, so I chose to use the "Sending love" sentiment from the set, and thought... it HAD to have hearts, and why not Christmas hearts?!  Simon has some really cool and fun glitter cardstock, so I used the red and green and an older Simon heart die to die cut the hearts.  I used two layers of white cardstock underneath each glitter heart, and after positioning and stamping the sentiment, adhered the hearts around the sentiment and across the card.  Here's a close up...
Such...wonderful...fun!!  I loved making each of these...they make me happy!  Hope you have a great weekend!  Windows open at my house, enjoying the wonderful Fall weather here in Virginia!
Thanks for making me a part of your day!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa