Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Watercolored Birthday

I used stamps and dies from a number of companies, to make a flowery, watercolored, birthday card...
The Simon Says Stamp Clustered Leaves dies are BEAUTIFUL!!  I combined the new outlined die with the solid leaves, and chose to use the ENTIRE die on my card.  This die is long and beautiful, the size of the card was 6 3/4" x 4", to accomodate the entire die.  I embossed the solid die onto watercolor paper, and using my watercolor brush, dabbled paint onto the embossed image.  I then die cut the die from the watercolored paper.  I die cut the Outline Cluster in white cardstock several times, and layered all three.  I then adhered the watercolored solid with the outlined, layered die cuts.  I die cut the flower from Penny Black (one of my forever favorite flower dies!!)  from watercolor paper, and  brushed the petals with watered paint.  I layered and adhered then adhered to leaves. I added a middle to the flower, also watercolored, made from a retired MFT Stamps set, Upsy Daisy.   I added a sentiment from my go-to birthday sentiment stamp set from Altenew, and added Tonic drops to finish.  Here's a close up...
Been hunkered down in the house with such gold weather here in Virginia today (28 degrees, but with wind feels like 16 degrees!!)...but, I am having fun in my craft room:)!!  For those of you facing this winter cold snap, hope you are staying warm wherever you are!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love the card design and your choice of stamps to make this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply soft and beautiful! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that water color wash on your leaves! Such a beautiful design, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa