Thursday, January 31, 2019

Love You with Lots of Hearts

I used the My Favorite Things Lots of Hearts and their Outline dies to make a couple cards...
I die cut the outlines and layered three times.  I thought the soft colors of the My Favorite Things Dots and Stripes Confection paper pack was sweet (confection...sweet...😊😊), so I die cut another heart from the outlines with the striped paper.  I will use the outline in the second card, but for this card, I used the inside of the die cut.  I used the "love you", from the MFT Stamps Simply Hello and Love You dies...layering, like the hearts.  I used a Darice embossing folder for the background... I loved how the lines of the folder were so like the lines in the patterned paper!   Not sure they make this folder any more.  I have never really used this folder, because it cracks the paper when it embosses the paper...the embossing lines are too deep.  After much trial and error, I learned that putting an extra piece of thin cardstock in the folder when die cutting the piece of paper I want for my card, will significantly help to lessen that problem.  I think you'll be seeing more of this folder in the future!! I finished the card by dotting the hearts with Tonic Jewel drops.  Here's a close up...
The second one, I used the outline of the first card, and then die cut a polka dotted background for the striped outline...
I used a sentiment from the MFT Stamps Sweet Nothings set, and some striped paper on either side of the panel.  I dotted three of the hearts with enamel dots.  Here's a close up...
These cards make me happy, and I had lots of fun making them!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Love both of these cards! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellente! For some reason the hearts remind me of candy hearts. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are very pretty!

    That's a great tip about putting another piece of paper into the embossing folder to reduce cracking. I will have to give it a try with some of the folders that I have where I experience cracking too. Do you put the "shim" thinner piece of cardstock on the bottom or top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had only tried it one way...and it worked...that being placing the thin cardstock on the side with the indented lines. I thought protecting MY cardstock panel from going too DEEP into the folder was what was needed, so with the extra piece of paper on that side, it would... and did do just that..hope it's successful for you, Natalie!

      Delete
  4. Love your cards, Lisa. Thanks for the tip about the extra paper in the embossing folder. I have the same folder and have tried so many tricks to get good results. An additional paper inside is not one of them. I'm going to see if it works for me this afternoon. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh...and just FYI when you do that...one side of the embossing was still, even with the thin cardstock, not perfect, but the other side...that's the side I used for the card you see...perfectly embossed! so don't be disappointed...turn the panel over...hope it works for you, too, Kirsten!

      Delete
  5. Simply exquisite! I’m not a heart person, but adore your card!

    One trick I’ve tried for demossing when cardstock is too thick or the folder too deep is to barely mist the card stock with the barest bit of water. It helps the paper fibers bend instead of rip. But I’m going to try your way too - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, embossing! How autocorrect came up with demossing I’ll never know, but I don’t “demoss” my cards, and leave moss alone in our yard too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're funny, Beth! I will have to try your way, as well...thanks for the tips...I can use all the help I can get:)! Thanks for letting me/us know:)!

      Delete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa