Saturday, January 5, 2019

Botanical Branch with a Masked Background

I hope for all of you who celebrated, that you had a very Merry Christmas!  I had a wonderful Christmas spent with my children...it was a blend of beautiful but crazy chaos, mixed with quiet, tender moments and all covered with lots of love...yes, a wonderful Christmas!!  Happy New Year to you all, too...I am believing that 2019 is going to be a great year! 
I have been absent from stamping as my craft room is my guest bedroom.  After everyone went home, Noah and I got sick.  We have spent the last five days getting better.  I am rarely sick, and I'm so thankful for that, but oh how I hate being sick!!  I finally got back into the craftroom, and made and threw away my first number of cards...I WANTED to create, but "it" just wasn't coming to me.  I pulled out my scraps, and found some of the Pink Fresh Studio Botanical Branch die cuts that I had die cut a while back, but hadn't used.  They were white, and although I didn't use the scraps, the branches did inspire me...
The total die cut contains a frame around the branch, but I opted to cut the branch from the frame and use only the branch.  I layered it in two colors of olive green card stock, and used orange enamel accents to make berries(the most intense and solid orange colored product I have).  I then dotted each berry with glossy accents, to make sure they were really shiny.  I was inspired by the Pyracantha bushes I am seeing everywhere around where I live.  Here's a picture of what they look like, I think they're so pretty...
After I had the branch put together, I chose to give it a background before adhering to the card. I chose the Simon Says Stamp You Matter Background stamp...the words so fit being grateful for someone! I stamped the sentiment onto the card panel, then masked it, so it would not be a part of the worded background...
I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of copy paper, and cut out with scissors.  I put a tiny dot of tombow runner on the cut out, and put it over the stamped sentiment.  
 The below is my pattern, having been stamped a bunch of times before I took the picture, so the print is ALL OVER the paper, but hopefully you get the idea. I tore a piece of printer paper in a shape that went with the shape of the branch, centered it on the card, and then flipped both papers over onto the inked background stamp.  
Here's a close up of the branch and sentiment...
I am so very grateful for wonderful family and friends in my life, and I am so grateful for you!...
thanks so much for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love this fresh, clean card with it's masked background! This technique is going on my "to do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a lovely card, Lisa - I'm going to better in commenting on your blog - follow you on Bloglovin' and you always create such wonderful cards - glad you are feeling better - happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2019! Looking forward to seeing what you create this year, I love your work. So grateful for you and your creativity! Cheers, Dotty 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great combo with your background, sentiment, and berry sprig! Before reading the background I was thinking, "hey, that would work great with the SSS You Matter stamp I have." - lol! Happy New Year, Lisa, it's going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and your family a wonderpil year !
    Great card !
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card---using one of my favorite dies. I've never cut away the frame, but you've inspired me to give that a try. Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card Is so pretty.Loving the Orange enamel accents. I need to get Some of those. Enjoyed seeing some of Your latest creations to.
    Happy New Year!
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, glad your feeling better now, I'm at the start of a sick bug, unfortunately we've all caught it at same time, so have a home full of sick people, yuk. Am reading blogs as a way to feel craft like hehe. Your card is marvellous, love it.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa