Sunday, December 17, 2017

Happy Birthday with Love, Arrows

I made a birthday card with arrows...
Ok...this is kind of crazy.  My son-in-law wanted a card with arrows for his sister for her birthday.  I went on a search to find arrow dies, I think they're cool, but I didn't have any sets of arrows.  I found some really cool arrow dies that I really liked (just what I had in my mind) on ebay that were about $2-3 for four arrow dies (REALLY??), three of which are in the card above...and with FREE SHIPPING, TOO, I DO love eBay for lots of things I can't find anywhere else!!  They came from China, but were delivered quickly...and hey, for $3...how could I possibly beat THAT deal??  Well, I came to find out that the dies look exactly like arrow dies by Elizabeth Craft Designs, selling for $14.95...what's with that??  Can anyone tell me??  Well...they are cool dies, and I combined them with a Hero Arts Happy Birthday sentiment, along with a Winnie and Walter "with love" from The Big The Bold and The Happy stamp set.  The heart on the one arrow was added onto the arrow from some red die cut arrows, then cut off, and glossy accented.  Here's a close up...
There are no links for this card, as auctions on ebay are fleeting, and the sentiment is retired.  What a fun card to make, though, wanted you to see it:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I love this card! So very cool!! Not sure about eBay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. China is stealing USA and other countries die company designs and reproducing them/selling them dirt cheap. Thievery...it's really effecting the industry. : ( They get free shipping because they are stating that they are sending out 'samples'. The USA gov is helping them out! grrrr Ebay and FB will shut them down if they're reported.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the information, Pam...I had no idea...information is power! I DO feel bad that I was a part of this current theft of dies, with my purchase, but I am hoping that my readers will be more informed and make choices that will not allow this to continue...fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. I am wiser for your words, thanks again, Pam!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful and fun card, love the little red heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect card for your SIL's sister. Love the arrows on the white woodgrain background and the little red heart just sets it off. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    หนังเพลง

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa