Friday, February 10, 2012

Runway Inspired Challenge 5...Card 2

I just couldn't leave this Runway Inspired Challenge, until I made a card with those squares!!!  For those who may not have seen it...there are squares on the model's top, that I originally wanted to use on my card, and did, but didn't like my colors...and then there was the design.  I made a card this morning, that is a little closer to not only the colors, but the design...here's my card and the model/dress:

I used a QuicKutz embossing folder and embossed piece of vellum 
 and cut out the squares.  I  sponged the vellum squares with Bashful Blue and layered on thick paper and then on chipboard(I know, I am LOVING chipboard, lately:)!!) .  Added Hero Arts sentiment...now I can finally put the squares to rest...whew:)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. I have been visiting your blog the last week with interest, watching your development of your Runway inspired challenge cards. I think all of your cards are fabulous. I love how you have been playing around with different squares on your designs. They are very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered your blog recently and have been an avid follower ever since - you work is just beautiful! You are very creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card for the challenge! It was great to read your process on creating the soft embossed squares on your card- it came out lovely! Thanks again for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I really love this card Lisa, the modern square pattern is so cool and retro...... So glad you can rest now- those squares were really bugging you :0)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous interpretation, love this one too LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and pretty! Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embossed design! Very striking!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa