Friday, February 10, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays...Love Ya to Pieces

The challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays is to make a card using paper piecing!  Used a stamp from Hero Arts that was perfect for paper piecing...only I went a little crazy:
 Ok...I'm just gonna say..You could do this a lot easier than I did, but I even paper pieced EACH DOT ON THE FLOWER...well, what can I say...Princess Diaries 1 and 2 were on...my son and I were sitting watching...time to kill...movies I've seen countless times before...so time to cut little circles.  I thought, in the end...it DID look cuter with the added dots...but it's not for everyone!!  This stamp from Hero Arts...this is what it looks like on the block:
so a great stamp for paper piecing.  Used Stampin Up design paper, white and black with a big black vinyl covered brad.  Embossed the yellow strip and used a sentiment from Hero Arts, too.  It was just a yellow kind of day...probably because it was so gray here today!!
My thanks and appreciation for the recognition of last week's entry into CAS-ual Friday's Red Carpet challenge!!  I am honored and thrilled to be A V.I.P...very cool!!!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your much deserved V.I.P. at CAS-ual Fridays. You card totally rocked! This is GORGEOUS! Love the paper pieced dots on the flower - Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card and all the paper piecing is awesome! You have much more patience than me:) Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked this challenge! I love love love that you paper pieced the dots! Woman after my own paper piecing heart :) Congratulations on your honors last week, the Girl Fridays just loved your card :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your VIP! Your card was super!!!
    Love how you took the time to paper piece the detail on your flower. Fabulous job! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card it is so beautiful, flower looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your blog and had to leave some love, wow, beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay congrats on being a VIP Lisa, that card was fabulous :0)
    You certainly deserve some recognition for all the fussy cutting on this one too!!! Actually I could do loads too if I joined James whilst he watched his favourite tv programmes! Love the end result, fab colour :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everything said .....and really havent got anything more to add....but just wanted to leave some love...OH and please dont stop with the perfect little details...they are the fabest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on your VIP! Superb flower and worth all that paper piecing. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Lisa, well deserved recognition of your very real talent:0) This little beauty is stunning, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty and elegant! Love the soft, sweet colors. Congrats on being last week's VIP - such a well deserved honor! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy does this make me smile! I love the paper piecing. It makes such a beautiful flower. Just the ticket for a gloomy day.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa