Friday, February 17, 2012

Using Some Design Paper

Here are a couple more cards from sketches from Papercrafts magazine sketches... and below each card , I'll give the details:
This card was made by taking different design papers from a pad I have and cutting and pasting strips diagonally across a piece of cardstock.  I left enough space in the middle for a sentiment and popped up on white card.   This was an easy and fun card to make...the possibilities are huge for this card!  The sentiment is Hero Arts.
 This card took on a life of it's own.  I had meant to make it like the sketch, which had 16 squares, but space for a sentiment on the bottom.  I decided to use the Papertrey Ink letter dies, and unfortunately, they were a bit too big to make a card that big.  Each square is 1", the card is 5" square.  I am still going to try another card using a smaller square, but that's for another day!  Used Papertrey Ink design paper and heart die, the butterfly is an A Muse die.  Layered on chipboard and popped up on white card.
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Both cards are beautiful Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing letter blocks Lisa, I love the dimension of the layered card :0)
    First card is brilliant too and as you say such a versatile design too ....... I could do with using up some pp this way :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the diagonal strips. What a challenge to cut and line them up! The second card is so bright and happy with it's polka dot papers and cut out letters.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa