Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Sketched Rose Wreath Hot Foil

I broke out my Glimmer Hot Foil system I had purchased a while ago, but was too unsure to use, and gave hot foiling a try...
I used the beautiful Simon Says Stamp Sketched Rose Wreath Hot Foil Plates and dies from their Diecember® release to start my experimenting!  I used the Hot foil plate with my Big Shot.  I watched a video (thank you, Sharon), using the hot foil system on the Big Shot, to become brave, as I had only seen artists use both the Platnium die cutting machine in conjuntion with the foil machine, when I had seen this done in the past.   My budget didn't have room, and my room didn't have room for the Spellbinder Platnium machine on top of the foil machine, so I wanted to make it work!  This was so simple and I love the beautiful gold on the wreath(I used the foil from the kit)!  Having die cuts was such a sweet extra, this whole thing was so simple and so much fun to do!  I colored with markers, then layered the wreath, flowers, and leaves.  I changed so many things about the sentiment and background...I tried a gold sentiment, a white sentiment on the gray, I tried a white background, a plain gray background...settled for what you see...pretty happy with it.  The stripes were made with a very old Papertrey Ink impression plate(no longer available, much loved, and still used...a lot!).  Here's a close up...
ELEVEN DAYS til Christmas...YIKES!!  It will come no matter if we're ready or not, but hope you're not stressing...do what you can, and let the rest go!  I know, easier said than done, but try!  
Thanks for taking/making the time to stop by, today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Lisa!! I have been resisting a hot foil system for at least 1 year, talking myself out of needing one. Now I want one even more! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as Kirsten does. I love the look of the hot foiling. Maybe someday. I should find the top of my craft table first!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa