Monday, August 9, 2021

Floral Border Stenciling

I have made a slimline card with the pretty new Simon Says Stamp Floral Border stencil, from their newest Make Magic release!...
I thought this stencil was so pretty, from the moment I laid eyes on it!  I also decided that the four petaled flowers were going to be daisies, from the moment I laid eyes on this stencil!  The only thing is...to make white daisies with a stencil means you have to brush the color onto a colored piece of cardstock, if you want the daisies to show!  I tried gray cardstock...nah...and then chose this very light blue...kind of gave it a sky kind of feel.  I used the amazing Simon Rainbow Blender Brushes to apply the colors to the stencil.  I first applied the white ink, then yellow, then the pink for the tulips.  After that, it gets a little tricky.  I masked all the flowers, and then blended the leaves and stems.  This is what it looked like after applying the green...
I added a CZ Design die cut sentiment, layered and with a border that matched the card.  Here's a close up...
The colors on this card are subtle, but I had such fun seeing my idea through to the end...anything for a daisy!!  Hope you're having a great start to your week!  
Thanks, so much, for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa