Saturday, July 31, 2021

Teacher Thank You

I have made a card with the wonderful new CZ Design Teacher Thank Yous stamp/die set from Simon Says Stamp's new Make Magic release!...
Teachers are amazing and deserve special thanks all the time, but they especially deserve extra thanks, living in the times we are!  This card is simple in design, but that's what I love about Cathy Zlelske's stamps/dies, they are wonderfully designed, and easily lend themselves perfectly, to simple card designs!  I decided to go old school basic, apple and chalkboard.  I had some chalkboard cardstock, and tried to write on it with my first attempt, but I liked  the deep black look...a clean chalkboard, for me, less is more!  I framed the chalkboard with a wooden frame, die cut with the Simon A2 Thin Frames.  I used two of the frame dies taped together, and used the die cut from the middle of the two taped dies.  I layered the frame twice in black, then the top layer in wood veneer. I stamped the "teacher" sentiment with versamark and black embossed...I love the depth of black and the wonderful shine of the embossing!    I stamped one of the sentiments from the set onto the chalkblackboard, and adhered the frame, the die cut layered sentiment, and die cut layered apple to the chalkboard.  Here's a close up...
Even with no school age children, this is a card I can send to any teacher, friend or relative, to encourage them, and thank them for all they do...how wonderful to simply thank teachers everywhere!!
Thanks for stopping by today...hugs!  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa