Sunday, August 29, 2021

Reverse Rainbow Mosaic Stained Glass Birthdays

That title is a mouth full...😁!  I have made a couple birthday cards using the very cool  and super fun new Simon Says Stamp Stained Glass Background stamp from their Make Magic release!...
When I saw the title of the stamp, I KNEW I had to make a card making it look like stained glass.  So...what does one do when wanting ideas about stained glass?...I GOOGLED!  I found some rainbow stained glass, and, if you know me, I didn't need to look any further!!  I decided I would make my stained glass a mosaic rainbow.  Only thing is, as I colored the colors, it became a reverse rainbow...but a rainbow none the less.  Here's what I did.  I did what I often do, put the stamp in my MISTI, and stamped the cardstock with Simon smoke ink(I've moved from Fog color, being able to see the colors a bit better with the darker smoke color).  I then colored with my Prisma, Sharpie and Mark It markers.  It looked a little like this (this was my first attempt, and I ruined it by coloring after I had embossed, and the black ran into the color...)...
I then put the colored cardstock back into my MISTI, swiped with my static bag, then stamped with versamark and black embossed.  I continue to LOVE the wonderful shine of the black embossing powder!  
The Simon black embossing powder is ultra fine, which is essential for fine lines like this stamp...another thing I love, as this is the first black embossing powder I have had that is ultra fine!  You can see the cool shine in the  picture below.  I decided to keep the entire embossed and colored image for the first card, but thought I would make a second, and give it a border, to see which I liked better...
I love both of them, so I put them both up!!  Here's a close up of the black embossing...it has such wonderful shine!!...
I know I say this all the time, but rainbows make me so stinkin' happy!!  Hope you have a happy day!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Love the rainbow, and the mosaic is fantastic -- what a wonderful idea to stamp with a color so you can see where the color needs to be. Oh and that SHINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you stamped and embossed in black, colored that panel in with rainbow colors, and adhered a sentiment? Interesting. Black powder can be a pain to emboss with but you got good results. HAGD

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa