Saturday, September 14, 2019

Sunflower for a Friend

I made a card with the beautiful new Simon Says Stamp Sunflower Stem and Friend dies from the new STAMPtember® release, to make a card for a friend...
 I die cut once, put tombow adhesive all over the die cut sunflower, then adhered a second layer with the die cut, but the second layer, simply the outline.  I then die cut the flower with three shades of paint chips, and two for the leaves, and placed all the piece in the two layer, adhesive filled die cut.  I then die cut two more flowers, took all the pieces out of them, adhered them together, and adhered them to the paint chip filled flower.  I then usd the card stock pieces that I cut the flowers from for the "frame" for the flower, layering and adhering them together.  The top layer, though, before adhering to the others,  I used my Embossing paste, and the new Quilted stencil, and gave the flower a background design.  I must admit, I LOVE this combo, as sunflowers were always my mom's favorite flower, and loved quilts...it seemed like the perfect fit together!!    I added the layered Friend die, die cut from the same brown paint chip as the flower's center.  I added a sentiment strip, as well.  Here are a few close ups to not only show you the flower, but the background...

This is one of those cards that makes me really happy...this Sunflower Stem die is soooooo pretty...I think the sunflower that is made with this die is just lovely!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! A favorite for sure...I bought this die after your previous post and plan to try this idea. You always amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! Loving the reminder of warmth a sunflower brings on a chilly morning .

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa