Friday, September 27, 2019

Maple Leaf Love

I used the beautiful new Poppy Stamps Maple Trio die set to make a couple cards to share with you...
I LOVE maple leaves!!  These maple leaf dies are sooooo pretty...they look like real leaves and with the first card, I used watercolor paints on watercolor paper, then die cutting from the painted paper, to make my leaves.  I didn't even layer these leaves...I know, shocking, but they are sooo pretty and look like falling leaves being single layered.  I used Simon Woodgrain card stock as the background, and die cut the Birch Press sentiment die from it, as well.  Here's a close up...
The second one, I used the same background card stock, but for the leaves, I used some older, Ranger Vintag Arte copper foil with adhesive backing on it...
The really cool thing about this foil, I learned many years ago, is that you can heat it with a flame, and it will change colors.  The lighter I used was like a torch, and you can see, from the picture below, that heated, the foil will turn orange/yellow/and shades of copper.  I die cut the foil, then removed the adhesive backing and adhered the foil die cut to a white cardstock die cut leaf.  I THEN heated the leaf with the lighter.  
I adhered the leaves around one of the pretty new Memory Box Stylish Frame Trio frames that I had layered.  I used the CZ Design Thankful sentiment die that I had layered, with the top layer being die cut from the foil and heated, like the leaves.  Here's a close up...
Fall has not really come to Virginia, yet, but these leaves make me happy...can't wait for Fall!!  This was so much fun...loving my maple leaves!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Two amazing CAS cards, LOVE the maple leaves and thanks for the trick about the heated foil! A technique to try! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards! Love the maple leaves and your card designs are so perfectly CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially like the second one...Great design!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa