Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Maple Leaf Strips

I used the beautiful new Poppy Stamps Maple Leaf Side Strips Die and Stencil to make a couple cards! 
I LOVE maple leaves!!  Having grown up in the Buffalo, NY area, there were LOTS of Maple trees....and in Fall...the range of colors...some trees all yellow/orange, other red...they are a sight to behold...beautiful!!
The first card, I die cut the leaves and used the stencil to sponge on ink and not get the ink anywhere but on the leaves.  I layered the leaves from underneath a couple times, and adhered them together.  I added a stamped sentiment, and Simon Says Stamp woodgrain cardstock, that I had used Distress inks to color the color of wood.  Here's a close up...
The second one, I used watercolor paper, and swiped color onto my watercolor paper, then die cut from the colored cardstock...
I thought it would be cool to put the magnificent maples on a diagonal on the card panel for  something different, and to flow somewhat like the leaves might in nature.  I DID have to hand cut the top panel.  I attached the leaves to the card, then attached larger pieces of white cardstock over the leaf die cut ends.  I used my scissors, and hand cut the edges that hung past the card.  I added a layered Birch Press sentiment die, and sentiment from a Birch Press senitment stamp set.  I DID emboss the card panel with a discontinued Papertrey Ink Impression Plate(Simple Stripes).  Here's a close up...
Such wonderful fun...more Maple leaves coming:)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say wow,I mean WOW! Very sharp looking cards.Fall does bring us leaves and colors. So do theses cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the angled panel! Wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa