Friday, February 16, 2018

Soft and Bold Under Vellum

I used the new Simon Says Stamp Cosmos Background stamp to make a couple cards.  They were made the same way, but have different looks...just because of color!  The first I used a soft pink...a monochromatic look... to color the cosmos...
 I stamped the large stamp onto a card size piece of vellum...5 1/2"x 8 1/2".  I DID that, so that I could cut some off the bottom, to get just the right panel of these pretty flowers I wanted on my card, and be able to fold and wrap the vellum over the top, to adhere the vellum to the back of the card. I colored on the backside of the vellum with markers...two shades of pink and added the Simon Thanks die in black and layered.  Here's a close up...

The second one was done just like the first, except with red, orange and yellow cosmos, and a white instead of black "thanks"....a much bolder look than the pink:)!...  
 You can notice the clear embossing over the black ink on both cards...it gives the cards a textured look, but the color comes from "below"...
Oh how I love coloring on vellum...such fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely, what a wonderful technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful stamp that you used...and your coloring is wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful, and so different! The vellum makes it all so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely...I enjoy all of your work. Thank you for sharing. Would love to see video tutorials from you. Someday? Hugs, to you too.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa