Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Shattered Triangles...Rainbow Style

I used paint chips with the Altenew Shattered Triangle die set to make a birthday card...
 I die cut fourteen different colors of paint chips with the dies, adhered them to die cut then embossed triangles, and then layered the die cut triangles on top of the colors...three layers.  Ok...have to say...this was a bit of work.  I don't know what I was thinking, but I thought both small triangle dies had the same shaped pieces, just in different places on the triangles....WRONG!!  The two triangles of each size have different shaped triangles within them.  SO...I wound up having to recut many of the colored pieces to achieve my rainbow, making pieces that fit precisely into the places that I planned on placing them.  Oh my...I LOVE the look of the paint chips, but I am wondering how coloring the triangles with similiar colors would look....maybe will have to try it...but I would definitely go for something a bit simpler next time....but LOVE this die and it's possibilities!  Here's a close up...
Oh, geometric shapes, rainbows, and paint chips...it don't get much better than this:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Great job. All your effort paid off with this beauty. Love all the colors and how you placed them. Using paint chips was very clever! Have a great day, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it again. Love this card and all of the colors.
    Keep up the great job and thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors you chose go so well together!!
    Love the combination and the way the card looks simple but beautiful.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty! What a great use for paint chips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, and wayyyy more patient than me -- that's why you ROCK at this method!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way it came out! Well worth all the work!!! I wonder though, if you cut it all in white and Copic colored the little pieces if that would go faster? I'm looking at my dies and cut files in a new light... rainbow light!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa