Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year with LOVE

Happy New Year everyone!!  I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!!  Welcome 2017!!!  I have had a wonderful time with family visiting through much of December, with another sister arriving later this week for a late Christmas visit, but have so enjoyed, too, having an opportunity to get back in my craft room(it doubles as our guest room)!!  I made a couple cards yesterday with the new Simon Says Stamp Heart of Flowers die...this die is SO MUCH FUN to play with...the possibilities to create are absolutely endless!!  I have done simple cards using the die as is with cardstock pieces to fill in the flowers, having chosen a "70's" vibe for the first with more muted shades as the colors for the second card...
I die cut two black layers underneath the top die cut layer, adhering them together.  I then applied my Tombow runner to a bottom piece of cardstock beneath all the layers to adhere all the colored flower pieces to.  I die cut the "love" from the new Simon Hey Love die and layered it three times.  Here's a close up...
Then, I used some more pastel colors, adhered to a black piece of cardstock for the bottom layer, with the same "love" die and a sentiment from another new Simon stamp set, All My Love...
Here's a close up...
Hope you are enjoying your "new" weekend...Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the colors on your "70s" card and now I need this die, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Lisa. I'm a big fan of the 70s inspired colors. And, I love your signature "thing" that sets you apart from other card makers: layered die cuts. It's why I look forward to a new post from you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards Lisa and they are SO '70's! LOL Super job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of your cards. But I am a newbie to card-making. So I have some questions ... when you say you layer, does that mean you die cut three pieces and adhere them together to give depth? And do you place colored card stock pieces down in to the places where the flower petals are? Or are they somehow adhered to the back of the die cut pieces. How do you make it look like the triple layer is just one piece? Hope these questions make sense to you ... as I said I am a newbie. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi cris. I'm also a very new newbie too lol. If Lisa replies to your questions could you let me know to please. These questions are what I wanted to ask to but as you've asked I'll just wait for the reply lol. (By the way do you have Facebook? Maybe we can help each other and get tips to share)

      Delete
    2. so sorry for the delayed response...life has gotten a bit challenging of late...I am making a card here and there, but haven't time to do much else...so sorry.
      For these particular cards, yes, I DID layer 2 die cut hearts underneath the top panel. I used glossy accents to adhere them together. I then adhered those pieces to the top panel. I then adhered a piece of cardstock to the bottom of that panel. I die cut the heart with the different colored cardstocks, and put the individual pieces into the die cut panel...like a puzzle. I adhered the WHOLE thing onto a card. Hope this all makes sense...please let me know...😊

      Delete
  5. Lisa - I just love looking at your cards. They are always so crisp and clean, I love your style. Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just SO amazing at this inlaid die-cutting thing! Both are just so gorgeous, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa