Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tall Flowers for Mom

I purchased the Tall Flowers die from Simon Says Stamp...thought it was just too cute!!  I made this card for my mom for Mother's Day...
I am not much of a colorer...so I die cut the total die, 3 times in green, and twice in red and white.  I cut the daisies and tulips off the white and red die cuts and layered them twice ON TOP of the 3 green die cuts that I adhered together, oh how I LOVE LAYERS!!  I added some enamel dots for the daisies and a sentiment from one of the new Simon Says Stamp stamp sets, Mother's Day.  I adhered them and stamped the sentiment onto a card made with the new Slate Gray paper from Simon...gray is the new black...hey the new white!!...I LOVE the new Simon grays!!!  I used a few die cut hearts from the Simon Says Stamp Falling Hearts die, adhered together and adhered all of them over the "V" in "love"....the heart of hearts fit PERFECTLY!!...

the inside of the card...
made with 2 more of the sentiments from the same Mother's Day Simon set!  Hope you are having a great week:)!!  Hugs!!  Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Sweet layered flowers, and perfect sentiment. The gray is fabby too! Wonderful card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clean and simple lines of this pretty card -- it caught my eye as I was scrolling through my blog feed! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you get a chance to read this: WOW! I just found your site through a PIN and I am so tickled with your style, your choice of colors and well, everything!!!! I have only gone back through February 2014 and can tell I'll be pinning almost every single one of your cards. I just love what you do. I have several bookmarks of "blogs" and yours is going into the TOP FIVE. Thanks so much for the great cards and designs as they are so cheerful, vibrant, and FUN. Have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the grey... love the flowers... love the simplicity - love =]

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! A SIMPLY delightful card. Of course your 'simply.....cards' are never quickies but always gorgeous and very interesting. Thank you Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card..... awesome.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card, Lisa. I learned about layering die cuts from you and I think everyone else did, too. It really makes an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this card Lisa... the shock of colour against the grey really makes your design stand out :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Card - your layers always pop. What do you use to glue them together? Tape seems to leave a sticky mess along the side for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lyn! I have had a bunch of questions about the adhesive I use:)! I used to use a tape runner type tape, but have changed and use glossy accents on almost everything I glue!! I must admit, it was messy and I goofed A LOT when I started...but like the old saying goes...practice makes perfect! I have gotten MUCH better, and although I still get messy and goof up, the mess ups are fewer and farther between all the successes:)!! Thanks for the question...hugs:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card! I'm curious which white ink you use....it's so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! I used Versamark and white embossing powder on this card...the embossing powder IS a wonderful white...It is Wow Opaque Bright White embossing powder. Hugs! Lisa

      Delete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa