Thursday, April 17, 2014

Rock Star

Here's a short post with a birthday card that I made for my rocking son-in-law(he loves all things music) using a My Favorite Things die set, Rock and Roll...
I tried to make the guitar as close to the "real thing" that I could.   I made this card die cutting the star AND guitar with shimmery paper from Papertrey Ink.  I then die cut the guitar again with wood veneer paper, twice.  The neck of the guitar I used some distress ink and made the wood paper darker, the top I left natural.  I then die cut the middle part of the guitar with white cardstock and in silver shimmer and wood paper, and filled in the holes on the white piece with the silver dots and wood rectangle...
Wanted to make strings, but couldn't think of anything small or thin enough?!  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and I thought went perfectly with the star and guitar.  The inside simply reads "happy Birthday".  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets rock and roll! Stunning card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Lisa!! Nice!
    Karin x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, Lisa, this is amazing! The guitar jumps off the card! My brother-in-law would LOVE this card!! He's a luthier (maker of fine guitars), and it reminds me of one of his other lines of guitars. His usual line is acoustic guitars that are works of art! I love your style, and it just makes me smile! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa