Friday, October 8, 2021

Peace on Earth Blog Hop!

I am super thrilled to be a part of today's Simon Says Stamp Blog Hop, celebrating Simon's newest release, Peace on Earth!  I always get so excited when Christmas gets closer.  This new release has so many wonderful stamps, dies, and accessories for Christmas card making, and I have used three of the new dies, a stamp set, and new paper, to make a couple Christmas cards to share with you for today's hop...
I used the very pretty new Fine Petal Leaf Branches die set for both today's cards.  I used the leaves for this first card.  Below, you will see a picture of the red paper ring that I die cut, and ran my adhesive over, and then adhered all the leaf stems onto the ring(along with some added little glue dots).  NOW, I know the ring is red.  It would have been green had I thought that I would be using green paper for the background.  My idea when I make this wreath, was to have a red background...but that, as you can see, changed.  If you choose to make a white wreath, like I did, you could use a white circle, but I wanted something that would blend with the background.  I am thankful that the red circle is really thin, and doesn't show, but wanted to let you know why, in this picture, it is red.  Here's the pic I took while constructing it on an ipad cover...
I added part of the new CZ Design Merry and Bright die, hand cutting the Merry from the "&Bright" and then layering it.  I also added some tonic drops made on a piece of acetate, removed when dry and then adhered to the wreath.  I used some striped paper and some gold cardstock for framing.  Here's a close up...
The second  card, I used the other die from the Fine Petal Leaf Branches die set, to make another Christmas card...
I die cut and colored the flowers with leaves.   I used the pretty new Large Joy die and a stamped sentiment from the new Heart of Christmas stamp set for the card's sentiments.  I die cut a white "Joy", and colored it with the same red Sharpie that I used on the flowers then layered it.  I then adhered the die cut flowers and sentiment to the stamped card panel.  After using my green and red markers to color some of the cardstock for stripes on top and bottom of the panel,  I realized I only really needed color on the tips of the ends of the stripes, so I colored the rest of the stripes with just color on the tips, save the markers! Here's a pic of what it looked like underneath😳😁...
Again, I love the pretty detail of these die cuts, in that you can pull out pieces of the leaves and petals, to give them some really pretty dimension...I LOVE this!!  Here's a close up...
Okay, I had so much fun making these cards!!  There is a LOT more inspiration to be found, just follow along the hop with all these amazing artists:

Simon Says Stamp Blog 

Nina-Marie Trapani

Caly Person

Laura Bassen

Nichol Spohr

Jennifer McGuire

Cathy Zielske

Debby Hughes

Yana Smakula

                                       Lisa Addesa<-----YOU ARE HERE

Suzy Plantamura

Amy Rysavy

Sidnie Des Jardins

Heather Ruwe

Keisha Charles

Bibi Cameron

Barb Engler

Cheiron Brandon

Mindy Eggen

If you should get lost, just go back to the Simon Blog, where you will find the list of all the participants!

Don't forget the special offer in the banner at the top of the post,  a Lucky Pawsitively Everything 
tool, FREE, with a purchase of $25 or more.  The offer is good until midnight on October 10th, or while supplies last...use the code: LUCKYU...hope you have fun hopping!   So happy you stopped by my blog today, please take care!! 
Hugs!! Lisa

35 comments:

  1. Lisa...WOW! your cards are striking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love how you made the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards. I LOVE the Joy card! It's quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful dies with detail dimension cuts.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards. Gorgeous designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh wonderful cards - these dies are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! What a great hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cards! So pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa, I like your cards, but I think my favourite one is JOY are there any dimensions for it please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!, Both cards are standard A2 size cards, 4 1/4"x5 1/2"...hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Yes thankyou, that helps a lot, Cheers.

      Delete
  10. Lisa, you are a meticulous lady and the results are amazing! Wow! I love both cards. I particularly like that you chose the striped paper for the wreath w/ green background. On the floral card, I love how you made your own coordinating strips of accenting color behind the popped-up layer. Clever! You're a marvel!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Your wreath was amazing! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the wreath card but both are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards. Really love the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This release is like walking into a candy store, one of each please. The white leaves wreath on green stripes is stunning, I love the floral and joy card too. The dimensional die cut adds real flair. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these designs especially the floral card and the wonderful color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards! Love the colors and designs…
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are absolutely beautiful! I love how you used the leaf branches to make a wreath- so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! These cards are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!!! Gorgeous cards!!! I love the dimension on your wreath!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness--your cards are so wonderful! You've made me put some items on my wishlist! For now, I want to case these your cards with products I have!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So creative and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are beautiful! Thanks for showing your "how to"

    ReplyDelete
  23. That first card is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Eye catching Joy card. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love a die with pieces and parts. I can see chosing accent paper piecing with these. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Lisa, what type of Sharpie are you using? Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise...saw this comment, and your question just today. I think actually used a red Mark It marker...their's is a bit darker red than a Sharpie, and was going for a richer red. Hope that helps...take care!

      Delete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa