Friday, October 29, 2021

Leaves and Berries Christmas

I used one of the beautiful leaves stamps/dies from the new Simon Says Stamp Holiday Sprigs stamp/die/stencil set, from their new Peace on Earth release, and made a Christmas card...
Okay, I have to say...I LOVE a stencil with a stamp set!!  Stencils provide non colorers like me, an opportunity to color a bit better. working with blending brushes.  Stencils ALSO give you a chance to use all those ink pads that you never get to use when coloring with markers, and give you a greater diversity of colors to choose from when you do color!  I really had fun with this set!!  I stamped the leaves in my MISTI, with Simon smoke ink.  I then used the stencil to brush on Simon Evergreen on the leaves, and Simon Schoolhouse Red on the berries.  I then put my colored leaves back in my MISTI after dried, brushed with static bag, and stamped with versamark and gold embossed.  I die cut the leaves, and layered.  I stamped two of the sentiments from the set and embossed in gold.  I dotted the berries on the leaves with Tonic Morning Dew drops, and popped up the panel on an embossed panel and then card. 
 Here's a close up...
Okay...this was super fun and love how they look after stamped, stenciled, embossed, die cut, layered and adhered to my card!  
Thanks so much for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Lisa! CAS but not so simple and quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I wish the bundle was not out of stock — you have inspired me! BTW, where did you get the “from me to you” sentiment? It is so easy to find sentiments like “from all of us” or “from our house to yours,” but it is so hard to find sentiments for when you don’t have a family.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa