Saturday, September 11, 2021

Leaves Wreath...Thankful

I have made a card with the very pretty new Simon Says Stamp's  two part Leaves Wreath Stencil set, and the Thankful for You die from their new STAMPtember® release!...
This two part stencil is so cool, and makes some beautiful leaves, as one stencil is the leaves, the second is the stems!  I used three distress oxide inks and a Simon brown ink for the stems, with my Simon brushes...love how with Fall leaves a little two tone color is so pretty!  I also used some glossy accents to dot the colored circles around the wreath.  I could not bear to cut out any part of the wreath off the card, so I made it a square, and framed it with gold cardstock.  I brushed the oxide ink in a strip and cut the background border for the sentiment fr4om the colored piece.  I die cut and layered the sentiment.  I also made an envelope for the card, slightly seen behind the close up from my we r memory keepers, as I don't have square envelopes, and it was a tad larger than 5x5, so it's a 6x6 envelope.  Here's a close up...
I am so thankful for so many things! On this day, I am especially thankful for heroes...our world is a kinder and a so much better place because of them!  Hope you are having a good weekend...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And awesome that the two-part stencil does the hardest work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your wreath turned out so much better than my recent attempts. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa