Monday, September 6, 2021

Chunky Thankful

I have made a card using a wonderful new CZ Design die and a new Simon Says Stamp background stamp from Simon's newest STAMPtember® release!...
I have to say, I have had this die cut sentiment die cut for a couple weeks.  I had one night where it was not feasible to take Noah in my craft room, so I brought my Big Shot out to my den with some cardstock and a bunch of dies, and had a little die cutting party!!...
I have used all but a couple of the die cuts above on other cards, but thought it time to make a card with the "THANKFUL"!  I had an idea that I wanted to use the pretty leaves from the new Peel Apart Leaves stamp with the "thankful" die.  So, I stamped the whole stamp(cool how you can take the background stamp apart...but for another time and card) with Smoke ink in my MISTI.  I then colored the leaves with markers, put the colored paper back in my MISTI, swiped with my static bag, stamped with Versamark, and gold embossed.  Okay, background done!  I wasn't as sure what I wanted to do with the sentiment, though.  I knew I wanted the border around the letters to be gold, to go with the border of the leaves.  I first colored the letters to match the color of the leaves in the background.  I used the gold border and the white background die cut from the sentiment die set.   I also wanted to use a small stamped sentiment, made into a strip, with the Thankful.  So I gold embossed a sentiment, and cut it into a very thin strip.  Here's what it looked like...
The colored letters were "pretty", but more cute, and fun, while I think I was really going for classic/y look.  I had a thought of a card that I saw on Instagram, that I really liked, made by Cathy Zielske,  the designer of, and using,  the Thankful die, HERE!   Thank you, Cathy, for the beautiful inspiration!  I loved how she filled in the die cut sentiment with white, so I tried white..
So,  I sent the two pictures to my daughter, she said she liked it best in white, so that was now a definite, as I value her opinion...and I liked it, too!   Only thing was, I now wasn't sure about the sentiment strip, so I took that off, AND, oh yeah, I almost forgot added some jewel drops...
THEN...I wasn't sure I liked the background on the sentiment, so I removed it, and came up with the final card you see in the beginning, and the close up, below!...
Just wanted you to know that some cards, well, most cards, are definitely a process.  This one was such a process, that I photographed each revision, thinking I liked that one the best, only to keep revising!  Super fun, though, and I would love to hear which revision you would have gone with?!  Hope you are doing well and staying safe!  
Thanks for stopping by!! Hugs!! Lisa

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Another great fall card. I need to get off the computer and find some leaf stamps. HAGD:)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa