Wednesday, April 14, 2021

The "Rainbow Birds" of Happiness

I've made a slimline card with the adorable new Simon Says Stamp Sweet Garden Birds stamp/die set, from their new All the Feels release...
Maybe you've heard of the bluebird of happiness...well, that's kind of the thing I was going for, only not just blue, but with a rainbow of birds!  This card was so much fun to make...once I decided on what color inks to use for the birds. I know this might sound crazy, but I used three different shades of each color...one for the body, one for the wings, and a third color for the spots on the birds' chests, and yes, that's 18 ink pads!  It came together really fast, though! Stamped, die cut, and put the pieces together with glue dots and pop up dots.  The layout was really the most challlenging as getting all these cuties on one card was kind of tough, not going to lie.  I settled on using some black twine, and having the birds sit on the twine.  I added a sentiment from the CZ Design Happy Days stamp set.  I popped the white panel on a black panel and white card, and added some enamel dots(remember those??!!...I've got lots and still love them!).  Here's a close up...
Hope you're having a happy day(here in VA, it's a beautiful day for yard work!)...yard work is hard work...but I know it will make me really happy when it's done!  Gotta "fly"...thanks so much for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Just love this card...so cheerful and happy and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really sweet card! It's so cheery and inspiring...I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa